DC's #1 ORGANIC VEGAN
100% LOCAL or Organic or Both
Home Delivery CSA Program
Washington D.C., Bethesda,Chevy Chase
1. Your weekly CSA order may not exceed $75.00, and may be adjusted accordingly. If you place an order over $75.00 and it is accepted there is a $25.00 delivery charge due to weight and size of order.
2.If you have over $150.00 remaining on your CSA share credit balance at the start of week# 6 you will be automatically charged a $25.00 fee for
having an excessive balance which will require our drivers to incur more packages & weight for your next two final deliveries of the season.This $25.00 fee will also apply to the start of week 7 if your balance exceeds $75.00 because it will then be over the limit.(see rule #1)
2. If you place a late order your delivery may be rescheduled and you will be charged an $10.00 late fee.
3.You may not change your delivery address during the season without getting approval from us by email. You may request a one time change by emailing :DCFarmDelivery@gmail.com. Once we receive your email and you receive an acknowledgement email then we can accept your new delivery address as long as it is within our delivery zones.
Please also note that if you input your address incorrectly on your weekly order page and the driver delivers to the wrong address we assume no responsibility. If the driver has to re-pick up and redeliver or he drives to the wrong address beacuse it was imputed incorrectly by the customer on the weekly order page you will be charged a $10.00 fee for re-delivery.
4. Missing items must be reported within 24 hours of delivery to receive credit.
5. We take NO responsibility for lost, stolen damaged or spoiled share deliveries. IF you placed an order, then be on the lookout for your delivery.
6. If you order perishable items make sure you have a cooler with ice if you will not be able to accept the delivery.
7 . There are NO refunds and we do NOT transfer balances from season to season or year to year. We are a "Flexible CSA Program" but we are a use or lose program.You have several weeks during the season to use your balance.
8. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the program for the following reasons: if they are abusive to our driver , abusive by email to our staff , they are not a good fit for the program, our delivery area has changed or other. Also please not that for ANY reason if you are taken out of the program and do not continue for ANY reason and are given a refund of any kind you will be charged a $50.00 membership administrative fee. The reasons can range from a member refusing access to their building (no fobs, no entry codes etc) which our driver needs to ensure safety of our CSA shares, to your own personal reasons like having been asked by your employer to leave the country unexpectedly (unforeseen event). The admin fee is very small compared to our loss and would be charged to off set our cost of losing the space that was taken for a potential waiting list member.
9.Your balance may not exceed $100.00 on week #7's delivery. All orders will be adjusted accordingly
10.Build a relationship with your front desk in regards to refrigerating and storing your needs.
11. Please remember that our drivers are wonderful but they can not call CSA members on delivery days. Drivers can not use cell phones while driving via DC law. So, please do not put this in your delivery instructions because they will be ignored. If you live in a building and you do not have a front desk where we can securely leave your share and you do not provide a fob or a code to your building then the delivery will be at your risk and left at the drivers best discretion or where you instructed on the delivery form. This is because you have left us no other option . Members are usually emailed when CSA shares arrive but we can not guarentee this will happen 100% everytime on time so please make every effort to make your delivery safe and conveinent for you and our driver by providing us the most options and instructions.
1. Q: What happens to my CSA-Delivery if I am not at work or home to receive it?
If you place a weekly CSA order and you become unable to receive delivery of your CSA Basket on the day of delivery,
you will still be charged for the ordered items.
If you are not present to accept delivery, it is still your responsability to make arrangements for all perishable items.
If you are going out of town, you can skip the week by NOT ordering that week andyou will not lose any of your CSA balance.
If you do not use your CSA Share balance credit, you will NOT lose it even if you skip a week.
2. Q: How long do I have to use my CSA Share credit?
You have until the last week of the CSA Share Program that you are enrolled in.
3. Q: Who keeps track of my CSA balances?
The LittleFarmStand, and you can request your balance at any time.
4. Q: What will be in my CSA basket every week?
You pick what items you want included in your weekly CSA basket, unless you want a custom CSA basket created for you.
Every week you will receive a reminder email to check the website and select from the seasonal items we will be offering that week.
Weekly CSA items will be updated via the website EVERY Saturday.
5. Q: What happens if I order too many goodies or spend my entire CSA balance, before the season ends?
You can add more money to your CSA account at any time in $100.00 increments only and before week 6 of the program that you are enrolled in.
If you go over or under your balance on any given week, no problem!
Your CSA Share account is only charged when an order is placed,similar to a gift card.If you have no credit left on your account, then we adjust your order to include as many items as possible that you ordered within your credit balance until it is exhausted.
6. Q: Am I allowed to order anything on the weekly list, in any amount?
You can choose whatever you like every week, but CSA weekly orders may NOT exceed $75.00, otherwise you will be charged a large order
processing fee of $25.00 for that week.
7. Q: What happens when I place a late order?
We may not receive your order in time. If this happens we may be able to reschedule your delivery.
However, you will incur a $10.00 late fee to process late orders
8. What happens if the driver can not deliver your CSA order?
This would be due to reason listed on the CSA order page. For example, your building had a front desk that closed or we did not have access to your building during the delivery time frames. You did not give us access, proper codes, you did not answer the phone, or you front desk would simply not allow us to deliver. In this case we will have our driver or our driver along with the front desk fill out a form and have it sent to your email. You would also be charged for your order and will not be able to have it delivered on another day that week due to logistics and the high demand and packed routes this season. In this case you will have to correct the problem on your end before we resume deliveries . This will be 100% your responsibility.